Welcome to MonSec, a student-run club at Monash University dedicated to the teachings of practical cyber security skills.
Established in 2014, we run weekly workshops, with each focused around a single topic, involving both a presentation and practical workshop or beginner-friendly challenges to test our attendees. Our aim is to introduce students to new and interesting career opportunities, and give them not only the skills to pursue these opportunities but the passion and interest to want to do so.
We plan to cover the following areas (note: this is not an exhaustive list).
* Penetration testing * Network scanning
* Password cracking * Wi-Fi attacks
* Corporate network hacking * Cryptography
* Binary exploitation * Reverse-engineering
* Malware analysis * Digital forensics
* Open-source intelligence (OSINT) * Steganography
* Network sniffing * Game hacking
* Mobile app hacking
We are open to people bringing their own projects and ideas to work on with other members. We also plan to bring industry experts to give students an inside look into a job in security and networking opportunities